Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

MF Global 1099 and Claim Determination *LINK*

I have my MF Global substitute 1099 tax from now. They were supose to have been mailed on March 15th. For those that filed claims I have cut this from one of the PDF files on the Trustee's web page related to claims. I myself have not received a letter of determination yet. Was wondering if anyone else that has filed a claim has received a determination letter yet. I had received a letter they had received my claim, but have not received a determination letter yet. Have attached the link to the trustee page.

At this time, the Trustee has mailed letters of determination to a majority of former MF Global Inc. commodities customers who submitted claims to the Trustee by the January 31, 2012 deadline. Claims continue to be reviewed, and the Trustee will continue to issue determinations to claimants on a rolling basis. The determination letter will acknowledge the claim and provide a determination as to whether the claim has been allowed, denied, reclassified, or is subject to further reconciliation or information requests.
Claimants who have questions about their letters of determination are encouraged to call the Trustee’s dedicated Determination Call Center Hotline at 888-643-2169 (inside the United States) or 212-837-6038 (outside the United States). By calling the hotline, claimants may speak with a representative of the Trustee to discuss and possibly resolve any difference between the amount that was claimed and the amount that the Trustee allowed. The Trustee's goal is to resolve questions or disputes regarding determinations informally over the phone whenever possible.