Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Sep beans, once in a blue moon
In Response To: Sep beans, once in a blue moon ()

Not sure what type of beans or what areas that would be? What group beans are you talking about planting and what areas?
In my area that would not be possible. The group beans we plant. Group 3's to group 8's. Grow and mature by the days length.
Meaning? In our are we could plant 1 month earlier or one month later and the beans would be ready to pick within maybe a week difference.
Because they will not be ready untill the day length shortens enought.
BUT! We can plant group 1 or 2 and harvest in august. That would also be the same way. They are ready in august basicly no matter when you plant. But I am talking east coast and south east. But that is a completely different type of bean. Not sure about the mid west and other areas. I believe they will always plant an earlier group bean?

Messages In This Thread

Sep beans, once in a blue moon