Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Gasoline/ Bouncing Back/Wayne

I always was a Chrysler fan. Especially the Hemi Head engine. Only had one of those. I swear if I had put wings on that car it would have flown. Loved that vehicle with endless power. The sound of it idling was a treat. Wish I had recorded it to play on a CD. But yes they were gas guzzlers. Mind you the new cars today are fuel injected and get far better mileage than years ago. And I'm not surprised at the Honda engine on your boat getting far better mileage. I noticed a huge difference on a simple lawn mower going from one with a Briggs and Stratton engine to a Japanese engine mower. After buying a mower with the Japanese engine I couldn't figure out why it didn't seem to burn much gas anymore. Kept checking it as it just kept mowing and not burning a fraction of the gas the Briggs engine did.

I agree with the gas mentality as it is more of a piss off and a ripoff than anything else. And the average family person is being squeezed badly and unfairly. Up here we have a bunch of taxes on gas including a new 'carbon tax' that goes up every year. Trying to save the planet it seems. What they don't get is if anywhere in the world is polluting which many countries are it's like pissing in one end of the pool. The entire pool is still polluted even if you don't piss in the other areas. You can't save the world. We'd be better off helping China reduce their extreme air pollution that worrying about fixing the last bit of pollution we produce in our own countries that are minor comparatively. About 50% of the gasoline which is now over $5.00 per U.S. gallon is just taxes. I finally got pissed off enough to not only buy another car with far better mileage but traded in some of my endless travel points for Gas gift certificates for myself. Now I don't have to pay a dime for gas anymore. Funny though it doesn't help and I'm still pissed off about gas prices,lol...............

Messages In This Thread

Re: Gasoline/ Bouncing Back/Wayne