Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: AR-10-AR-15 Comparison/NTR/Spike/Wayne

Yes I was surprised when I 1st shot my AR-15. The holes in the target looked like 22 rounds and were barely visible compared to my fat 45 rounds that I was used to. But it was a faster round than the 45 and did put holes in the thin steel sheet I had made up so don't shoot the steel with it anymore. I liked the adjustable stock so much I got one for my Ruger 22 semi auto rifle. With a stiff neck it makes all the difference in the world to shoot. It's a fun gun dirt cheap to shoot and I am allowed to have a 25 round mag with it. That alone makes me feel better,lol. And I can shoot the steel with it without blowing a hole in it. I like to wrap coffee cans that are made of cardboard with duct tape and shot them as they bounce around. Fun and cheap to do. But the .762 NATO ammo from China is sold by the huge case here. I think its 1100 or 1500 rounds. So lots of rifles that shoot that round are sold here as it's cheaper to shoot than the AR-15 rifles with the .223 rounds at 75 cents a round. Lots of different Chinese and Czech and other former East block countries rifles sold here that shoot the .762 rounds. And they sure do have a powerful punch as you suggest. Would not want to be hit by one. Would be a little like being hit with the old U.S. Civil war rounds and if you got tagged you bled to death quickly or lost a limb. Wish someone would make a cheap .223 round like that. I know with the Czech CZ 9 mil handgun I have coming you can buy non reloadable ammo a lot cheaper here. Steel instead of brass casing. Funny looking ammo but at about 25 cents a round is acceptable. I do hope I can rapid fire the new 9 mil better and as accurate as my 45. Even reloading my own ammo with lighter loads it is a bitch to handle at times.

Messages In This Thread

Re: AR-10-AR-15 Comparison/NTR/Spike/Wayne