Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Wrap your mind around this possibility

1) the dollar, in time, becomes strong.

2) that means that those in other currencies see a bull market in American things vs. owning their own currency.

3) Therefore, they invest in US.

4) the US person sees little change in price (or, even lower), while the overseas person is showing an advancing market after currency transactions (having converted his currency to USD).

this is why I think there are some good places to invest in RE even as it falls for the next some years.

the overseas people will scoop up the "Big Name" properties (NY, SF, Miami, Etc.).....but the value to US people will be in their own backyard. Not in the big areas. I never go to the big name places except for Disney in Orlando. (P.S. Go to Red Hill Orchards on Conway off the BeeLine near the Airport to buy fruit. Cheap to buy in person. High if order via phone).

So, as prices fall, look for value in places you know and enjoy. Put it away for your grandchildren. shoot, even a trailer home lot at Myrtle Beach could become a huge winner if you rent when not using. I'm thinking motorhome with slide-outs, well and septic. and lots of kids!!! LOL! Make me happy at my age. Have no grandchildren, yet, though. lol.

:-)

sometime around 2020. is my best guess.