Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Trump's 15% corporate tax rate
In Response To: Trump's 15% corporate tax rate ()

I am not in favor of having a lower rate, for corporations, than for individuals .. but, I ain't the sharpest machete in the shed .... I do realize that our effective corporate rate, currently, is the world's highest. Japan does have one rate, higher than ours. However, for the past decade .. this is hearsay, so it may or may not be true ... for the past decade ... no Japan corporation has fallen into that bracket. That is why pundits always say, "effective".

So, from a point of competition ... it's what might need to be done to bring back US competitiveness, viz-a-viz business.

My stance against a different rate for corporations v individuals, is simply that .. if corporations are a "person" under tax code and an individual is a "person" IRC ... why should one group of persons be given special dispensation over another group of persons?

As far as many SubS and LLCs ...it ain't no big shake to be move to a C-Corp. The only difference would be the difference on retained earnings. Let's say you own several properties. You take far more in than you have allocated for living. If you have not pulled out the money ... it stays within the corporation and would be taxed at a significantly lower basis.

Beyond that, I see no benefit to small business. John's company makes widgets. After fully expensing his widget operation, John's company makes a million dolllars. All John needs for his lifestyle is the same seventy thousand that he's been living on ... he wants to have this extra capital for future expansion or just for cash reserves. John leaves the 930,000 dollars within the corporation and it is taxed and a significantly lower level.

I guess that's a good thing. It's just why should one group of "persons" be highly favored over another group of "persons", under IRC?