Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: "that other place"
In Response To: Re: "that other place" ()

Hi DiamondChan

"that's the best description I've come across - U're right! It must be ingrained in their DNA !"

I think...there exist two basic types of people...those who must, by virtue of something in their make up, rule...those who will not, by virtue of something in their make up, be ruled. At the base of war you will find this general conflict. Of course, not all in each camp will be leaders and accept that they should acquiesce to the leaders. It is the reason that they acquiesce that defines the camp they belong to. The "will not be ruled" will acquiesce because they know to live in anarchy is not the answer and consent to governance of chosen leaders. The supporters of the leaders in the ruling class submit under the philosophy of "the divine right of the king" and think the King is due power because he is king...a ruler.

No...they can not fix themselves...they see no need to "fix" themselves as they do not believe they are wrong. They see no more need to change than the people on the other side see a need to change. Eventually, they push the "refuse to be ruled" until the refused to be ruled are limited to two choices...live under their rule...or...fight in order to maintain the right not to be ruled over.

The "must rule" people will not stop...they can't...it's who they are. To rule, is what makes them tick. One might look at it like this...I rule...therefore, I am.

I can not lay claim to the "Liberalism is a mental illness" as I believe that it was Michael Savage who coined that phrase. I think he is right to the extent it appears a mental illness to the "will not be ruled." Otherwise, I think they were just born that way.

I could be wrong. haha