Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: oh what the hell...DX *PIC*
In Response To: Re: oh what the hell...DX ()

Of course I would not want to make the same mistake 49% of the population made by not going long stocks from 2009 thru 2014 because they were afraid that the President didn't know what he was doing. In doing so they missed out on gains they'll likely never be able to replace. I saw a lot of old fools exiting stocks at large losses cuz they felt the economy would be doomed under Obama.

I don't want to make the mistake of exiting a winning position cuz I see the President as having the tempermant of an autistic 6-year old, particularly given the position has positive momentum.

I was so bullish on the dollar back in 2013 because of the likelihood that strong retail sales would propel the U.S. economy ahead of our trading partners. Now however we are looking at a yearly lower high in retail ETF's -- see chart -- and a souring of trade relations. Government subsidies being pulled and resetting trade relations will also mean higher prices initially, which will put higher rates on hold -- not dollar bullish.

It is a nice problem to have though -- having been long the dollar for years now. It has been so long since I've been in that account -- 2 computers ago -- I'm not sure how to access. Imagine that having to pick up a phone and call a broker for information...