Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: and the worm turns ---
In Response To: and the worm turns --- ()

I love Texas. I don't know why...the weather in places suits me...I like the ability to, in places, be able look across the plains and see nothing but nothing till the earth curves over. Last time I was out there...it was pot marked with these huge wind farms. You talk about something ugly. Hundreds of windmills blocking the scenery. Most people do not realize how big these things are. They're huge. One blade can be 150 feet long. Longer.

I don't have a problem if someone or a group of people want to put up a wind farm...that's their business and this is America. If they can make bucks by doing this...more power to em. No pun intended.

Where I have a problem is when, as is the case in a lot of instances, the government subsidizes these projects.

I've said before...I don't care what we use to make energy...I don't care if someone finds a way to burn cow poop in cars...so long as it is not anymore expensive than gasoline. The only problem, at this and for many, many years to come hydrocarbons are going to be hard to beat.