Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Here come Keystone and Dakota/Living

Strangely,

She is a millenial Caucasian living in Olympia WA, and just started first yr of college! LOL!

Her other friends all speak the same vague way, as though they have their own "jive talk"

or "ebonics". A Bernie supporter, who felt crushed when he pulled out of the race.

I don't understand their "Joan of Arc" mentality or where it comes from. Youthful angst with nowhere to go?

I engage with the millenials on FB to get a sense of where they're minset is at, here are her thoughts on the President Trump's inauguration speech:

========

Finally worked up enough nerve to watch the Trump inauguration. I try to wait until the fire in my belly subsides enough to listen clearly with as few reactionary outbursts of immense irritation as possible. I wrote down some statements, pretty weak speech overall but the divisiveness was clear.
I've been bouncing between political interviews and studying about macrolichens as bioindicators of air quality for several hours now and felt like writing a little pure opinion would be a nice night cap.

"Nations exist to serve its citizens."
--'Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.' - Kennedy inauguration.
"These are just and reasonable demands of righteous people and a righteous public."
--'Righteous' is a very loaded word to call sheople, fanning the flames of blind patriotism and adoration in the name of any deity(ies) has not worked out very well from a humanist historical context.

"From this day forward it's going to be only America first, America first. Every decision on every trade, on taxes, on immigration, on foreign affairs will be made to benefit American workers and American families."
"We do not seek to impose our way of life on anyone, but rather to let it shine as an example; we will shine for everyone to follow."
--This is just balls-deep in self-righteousness, which makes sense as he's already called his constituents 'righteous and just.' Unless, maybe he means we'll shine a bat-signal and pray for the second coming of Batman.

"We will reinforce new alliances and form new ones and unite the civilized world against radical Islamic terrorism; which we will eradicate from the face of the Earth."
--The use of words like, 'eradicate' and 'righteous' do not do a good job of disassociating from the assertions that important members of your administration are thought to sympathize, and/or are supported by known figures of white supremacist groups. Then with all the talk of Russia's influence over the recent elections and Trump, these 'new alliances' made me raise at least one eyebrow.
"And most importantly we will be protected by God."
--repeat: fanning the flames of blind patriotism and adoration in the name of any deity(ies) has not worked out very well from a humanist historical context.

---------------------

Go figure! I didn't comment on her post as I got maybe 30% of what she was trying to say. LOL!!

dc