Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Uber
In Response To: Re: Uber ()

I know someone that used to work for me. He's been driving uber for around two years (seems like?). He figures that net-net, he makes a little over fifteen dollars per hour. That's not much, when you consider that it's basically his business and he takes all risk ... no benefits and he has to pay 15.3% self-employment tax.

However, shortly after I fired him, he started driving a taxi. Daily vehicle rental (to get the medallion, you rent the vehicle ... the day of taxi companies like the old television show have been long gone). Somalis took over the airport ... so the wait lines were incredible. He told me that he was working about fifteen hours a day, and after fuel costs (rent the vehicle, buy your own gas) he made around eighty dollars per day. So, he thinks uber is pretty good.

Here's the kicker ... I used to pay him twenty-two, plus health insurance and, of course, the requisite half of the SS/Medicare burden He wanted a raise to twenty-five .. and he wasn't worth twenty ... so ... I didn't really fire him, we just couldn't come to a meeting of the minds.

Of course, he shows as "employed" on the national labor stats, just like those that have part-time jobs, working twenty hours a week. Wow .. unemployment is under five percent ... what a smokin' economy.

Messages In This Thread

Uber