Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Shoulder Surgery Question
In Response To: Shoulder Surgery Question ()

"Did you encounter these reflex actions?" I can't say as I can remember that. I'm pretty pain intolerant and try to avoid it as much as possible. When el doctor said don't move it...that's what I did. When I let my arm out of the sling the first time to take a shower and heard/felt it mush around in there...I was pretty much convinced I wasn't moving that thing come hell or high water.

As I understand it...when there is scar tissue on the torn ends they cut the scar tissue off before they reattach it...so it can grow back together. You have a ever how many of those things the doctor found floating around in there attached with what amounts to sewing thread while they attempt to grown themselves back together. You can image that's not a very stable situation.

I guess you can tell yourself the anti-nike commercial...just DON"T do it!

If you frick up and tear that thing loose...you'll have to go back and have it repaired all over again. That's not what you want to do.

DON'T MOVE THE FRICKIN THING!! ;-))

Glad you made it through the op. This will all be over with before you know it. If your lucky you'll get some sweet young thing at the rehab clinic to help you...like I did...what an adorable little creature, she was. After about thee months you'll be able to move that arm all around. You will not be able to swing from it or anything like that but you will be able to do a lot. So hang in there and just bide you time...do what they tell you to do.