Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: here's what's happen with replacement bill

I have a few acquaintances that are doctors, my brother being one.

They seem to want to make every simplistic little thing into nuclear physics. All of them, with the exception of my brother, are radical left wingnuts. They despise Medicare .. NONE of them will accept Medicaid .. and they hate the ACA, as each one of those nasites reduce their payments, especially Medicaid.

OK, with the exception of my brother .. Dr. Let Them Eat Cake .. all of the other physicians believe that everyone, no matter what their health condition, deserves "insurance".

So, at some type of "social gathering", the discussion came up of how we should settle the "healthcare" puzzle. I, being my normal village idiot self said, something to this effect ...

OK, let's assume that I buy into your belief that EVERYONE deserves coverage. Why not simply take the uninsurables and have them "buy into" Caid ... Easy to figure the rates, as CMS has capitation for all Caid members. Charge them the actual capitation ... for those that cannot afford it, due to their income being too high for actual Caid ... and not being able to afford capitation .. subsidize that.

However, I would place a caveat ... The amount paid for cable television, cellular phone usage above my ten buck a month plan ... automobile expenses, beyond the most basic of transportation .. etc., has to be dropped prior to subsidy

They were all appalled that I could be so heartless. Why ... those are necessities of life ... I stated that I don't have them, and I am FAR from poor. My cellular is with Republic Wireless .. unlimited talk and text for a tenspot (with taxes and fees it runs around twelve). I don't have cable .. and I drive clunkers .. reliable clunkers, but clunkers none-the-less. Why should my tax dollars go towards supporting someone's lifestyle that exceeds mine.

WO! Those little saw-bone pill pushers thought that I was the personification of evil .. This went on for over an hour as to how I was simply some harsh, draconian monster.

So, I asked them if they would be willing to have a volunteer "extra" tax of ten percent .. than any of those wonderful humanist types could readily volunteer. I'm telling you I laughed and laughed ... That, to them, would not be "fair". Then, the subject of how none of them accept Caid, due to a PC OV only paying a 37.00 rate .. and lab fees, other services, were at next to nothing.

So, trying to figure out their stance, tried to understand their position ... 1) EVERYONE needs to be covered. 2) It should be subsidized and no one's life style should suffer due their premiums. 3) Medicaid does not pay enough and .. as doctors .. THEY WANT MORE! So, I asked them if that about summed it up. They were not amused.

I don't think that I'll be invited to any of the neighborhood gatherings for a while.

Left wingnut doctors are more fun to play with than even the average left wingnut.