Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Peak oil poo-poo *LINK*

Ah yes...peak oil...my arse!

6000 to 8200 feet deep(a moderate deep hole), 120 foot of net pay(the pay zone is 120 feet thick), 1.2 Billion barrels of light crude...the good stuff.

They should buy me my 7 high dollar sports cars!

"March 10 (UPI) -- Energy enterprises Repsol and Armstrong Energy say they made the largest U.S. onshore oil discovery in three decades in Alaska.
The conventional hydrocarbon oil was found in the Horseshoe-1 and 1A wells initially drilled during the 2016 to 2017 winter campaign in the Nanushuk, an area located in Alaska's North Slope.
Repsol currently holds 25 percent working interest in the Horseshoe discovery. Armstrong holds the remaining interest, and is listed as the operator.
According to a statement by Repsol, the contingent resources identified in the region comprise approximately 1.2 billion barrels of recoverable light oil.
Repsol has been exploring Alaska for oil reserves since 2008, and began drilling multiple consecutive discoveries in 2011 in the North Slope with its partner Armstrong. The company says the campaigns have added new potential to the area, which was previously understood to be a mature basin.

The discovery extends the Nanushuk play over 20 miles south of existing discoveries by the two companies. The Horseshoe-1 discovery was drilled a total depth of 6,000 feet, resulting in 150 feet of net oil pay in various reservoir zones. The corresponding Horseshoe-1A well was drilled a total of 8,215 feet, and yielded more than 100 feet of net oil pay."

Messages In This Thread

Peak oil poo-poo *LINK*
Re: Peak oil poo-poo