Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Dawg, Hawk, and Rabbit...

Every morning...dog looks for rabbit. Everyday, now, the hawk watches the dog look for rabbits. Everday rabbit gets chased by dawg and hawk.

Dog is doing what she was designed to do...hunt rabbits. She was bred to not be able to catch the rabbit. A rabbit, when jumped, will work it's way back around to the spot it left. Why, I know not. The dog is designed to speed up the process of the rabbit coming back to the place it was jumped. The hunter just stands there and waits for the dog/dogs to pressure the rabbit back...then the hunter blasts said rabbit. So dawg is doing what the dog does.

The hawk...using the dawg for prospective meal sits in the same place waiting for the rabbit to break. I have learned that when the hawk swoops...watch the ground to see the rabbit. There is an old shed maybe 20 feet from where the rabbit gets jumped every morning. The rabbit jets to the shed...the hawk swoops down but can't get to the rabbit before it gets to the shed.

I gave hawk cred for watching the dawg for jumped rabbit but now I have to question it's brilliance. If it was really smart it would re-position itself in front of the shed...on the ground.

But the deeper question is...how smart is the rabbit? I mean seriously, every morning it finds itself under air and ground assault yet manages to not get caught and eaten. On the other hand, why doesn't he change zip codes to avoid the daily assault?

The mystery deepens.