Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: ewe row/LUAB
In Response To: Re: ewe row/LUAB ()

If you can get a decent sxs, in 28 gauge, for that kind of money .. Jump on it ...

If you can shop around at some of the various online brokers ... If you can find a decent midgrade Spanish, like AYA ... I'd go for it. I have a boxlock AYA and sidelock AYA, in 28 ... both of them are nice little fowling pieces. Nice balance and they swing like they're from heaven.

I haven't played around with any of the Turkish stuff, although I have read both positive and negative reviews.

It takes a bit longer to get used to side by sides, than superposed ... due to the sighting plain. I shoot skeet with a Belgian Browning superposed, a twelve tubed for the other three bores, (20 ga, 28 ga., and .410 caliber). However, I've always hunted .. and when I shoot sporting clays, it's side by sides .. I just love the look, balance and swing.

If your daughter is only going to occasionally break it out .. you might want to stick to the superposed. Although, if she's anything like one of my daughters ... she'll be out at the club .. three to four times a week! Still can't outshoot her old man .. but ... maybe she's just dropping a bird, every now and then, to make me feel good.

I met someone that was shooting some Russian, very inexpensive, superposed ... I shot it for a few rounds . . and once I got the right feel for the balance, it was an excellent shooter. Crudely finished, but decent trigger and nice ejectors.

From what little that I have read, Turkish scatterguns, most have decent wood and metalurgy (white chrome lined barrels, etc.) .. Most of the complaints have been that some of the parts are poorly fitted.

Is there a Cabela's near you? There's one, about a hundred miles from me .. and they do NOT know the value of used shotguns. I have found some incredible deals .. I mean .. outright steals.

If I'm not mistaken, Cabela's also carries CZUSA, which is Turkish made .. and I believe they run around six hundred or so .. new.

Have her look at twenties as well ... Have her mount it and swing .. if it feels good to her .. it will probably fit the bill. Don't limit her to 28 ... she might prefer 20 .. and you'll have a far greater choice.

Nothing against semi-autos or pumps .. They're just not my style. If something feels good to her .. not you, Dad .. to her .. and it mounts and swings sweet ... that's the one to get, whether a double, pump, or semi.