Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: LUAB...you might find this of interest...

My original concept was to rent properties that I, myself, would be happy living there. Being a journeyman carpenter (I think I still pay dues), with my primary trade being a finish carpenter (long story on that one) .. I have a tendency to go a little overboard. I'd make a far greater return if I just stuck with Plain Jane rentals (LOTS more) but, what would be the fun in that?

Well, after seeing property tax rates (not the amount of tax, but the actual rates) go from 1.86% of assessed market value to a little over 5% ... it's not as profitable as it once was.

Now .. if the thought police get involved .. I'll probably just start selling off properties .. and if ol' Janet gets her ass in gear .. and we can see some of the rates that we used to ...

Hey, I'm not expecting the rates to go back to nineteen eighties levels (however, wouldn't THAT be great?) . Rather, just return to 8% mortgages and 7% certificates of deposit (I don't know if you're an old enough coot to remember 20% mortgages and 22% money market rates) .. I'll just settle for the average ... and be VERY happy with such.

Heck, I was going to look at five properties over the next few days ... Maybe, I'll just forget about it .. and start selling them off. l ain't in any hurry.