Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: tax cuts/ Wayne
In Response To: Re: tax cuts/ Wayne ()

all of that seems correct to me.

There are taxes piled upon taxes and the hits just keep on coming.

Our repubs in TN finally caved on taxes and allowed an increase in the gas tax. We swept out the good old boys club 15 or so years ago when the good old boy democraps tried to give us a state income tax. In the defense of the replacement repubs they did, when they jacked up the gas tax tie it, and tied it tightly, to a decrease in the sales tax on food. Our sales tax is close to or is 10%.

This will work to my benefit as I don't drive around nearly as much as I buy food. Even as I do have to buy food I try to avoid it as much as possible by growing the garden and eating wild game. I'll be damned if I'll pay nearly 9 dollars for a pound of pig fat called bacon. Speaking of pig fat, I found out something I never knew about pig fat before. On ocassion I'l make a treat called lard biscuits. Home make biscuits made from lard. Here's what I found out about lard. There's three types of lard that comes from a pig based on where it forms on the piggy. The best part for baking and making biscuits is called Leaf lard. Forgot where it comes from on the piggy but there you have it. I, a long time ago, stopped drinking low fat milk, fake butter, low fat salad dressings because I didn't trust how and what they were made of. Everything in moderation is my motto...you can eat pure fat if you want to...just don't eat a lot of it and all should be well. Lard, contains a high quantity of vitamin D, and is supposed to be helpful to the absorption of essential goodness from the food you eat. As usual, contrary to what the godvernment has been telling us to eat for years.

Got a little off track there...haha talk about getting old.

Anyway...the mere mention of property taxes gets me going off the rails. They are an abomination to the constitution and its major tenant of privately owned property.