Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Shoes Dropping From A Centipede

The meek shall inherit the earth. And there is nothing meek about Russia or Putin.

I was in Moscow several years back for a Forex Convention at the Moscow Radisson. Russian security made Chicago cops look like cub scouts. I went for a walk on my own thru a train station next to the hotel. The security looked straight out of a World War II movie down to the leather trench coats, except the weapons were modern. There were many people getting off a train, and the security called a family aside. The family's luggage was cardboard and duck tape. The cops saw me watching, and I nodded to them, and they nodded back -- just like we do in Chicago. They then proceeded to kick the families luggage against the wall and rummage thru it with their feet, while the woman cried and the man and children looked terrified. In Russia there is a saying amongst the working class -- which I cannot remember -- but translates, "when you see the police, cross the street".

All the Russian people I met had a deep sadness. And they all drank and smoked all day long. They serve beer in the McDonalds. One trader, whose face was badly scarred from fighting in Afghanistan, whispered to me that we were all fools to come to Moscow and think we were some how going to make money.

In America the smallest forex tick is 10 cents on a $1000 contract. In Russia it's 1 cent on a $100 contract -- and they all trade the $100 contracts. Their economy is no bigger than Italy's.

When you fly in or out of Moscow from the north in the day time it's easy to mistake the smoke/pollution from the factories as storm clouds.

I assure you, where ever you live in this country, it is 100X better than the best parts of Russia. Putin is a gangster, and I bet he will die a gangsters death.

Cayce was fascinating for sure.