Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Shoes Dropping From A Centipede

It was very interesting but I would not go there again. Flew direct form NY. At the airport in Moscow they motioned me out of the cab line and asked where I was going to. I told them the radisson and they pointed for me to follow a shabbily dressed kid to his little car. He drove like a madman. The highway was bumper to bumper, and the kid cut people off and maneuvered onto the median, and just flew into the city. At one point he stopped for a cop -- I guess he was a cop -- and showed some pass, and pointed at me in the back, and off we flew again. I was relieved he got me to the hotel. He didn't speak a work of English and could have taken me for everything I had on me.

The worst part of the traffic is when Putin comes and goes from the Kremlin twice a day -- just horrible traffic. Every time I went into a public bathroom in the hotel it was filled w/ men smoking cigarettes. And prostitution is legal so in the evening the hotel bars fill up w/ ladies who glower at you for not stopping. I was curious so I stopped and asked one "how much?". I think she said "six-hundred", I gave her a look of disbelieve and laughed. She was beautiful -- they all were -- but $600? Please. The pros stared daggers at me after that.

N.Y. is tough and dirty too, but full of life. Moscow is a soulless city.