Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Shoes Dropping From A Centipede

I have not returned to Moscow, since it became Russia, as opposed to the Soviet Union.

We could walk ANYWHERE ... at ANY TIME .. and never a fear. We went into almost all parts of the city .. and walked .. NO PROBLEM and .. the people were friendly.

I have spoken with Mike a few times since .. when we officed on Saipan, he came and visited twice. He still has some pretty close friends, in Russia. They bemoan the fact, that since the USSR fell, the police are far too soft and some areas aren't as safe as they used to be.

Again, I have not been there since USSR days. However, at that time, I did see the police in action ... Some man had tried to rob some woman. The cops were Johnny-on-the-spot and they had that guy in no time .. When the police car (very small little four door sedan .. not a cruiser by any means) .. The perpetrator was giving them some problems, loading him into the back seat. One of the officers side-kick stomped him, right at the knee .. he went in ... right away.

I had a wonderful time and found the people great. But, that was then and this is now. So, I just don't know what it is like, now. However .....

Try taking an evening's stroll through many parts of the US, say Chicago .... Englewood or Bronzeville ..being a white guy wearing a cashmere coat and silk tie.