Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

tool for every job...

I know this is probably of little interest to most in here as it has to do with nothing trading whatsoever but I finally bought a new tool for the lathe the other day. A roughing gouge. A tool you general use to turn down wood at the first stages when it is in it's roughest stage either square or just a rough log. I usually buy a certain brand of tools that I find to be decent. I couldn't find what I was looking for in that brand so I purchased a different brand. Holy cow...this new brand is a honkin piece of tool. Makes what I was buying look like toy tools at roughly the same price.

Made the job it does a piece of cake. Quicker, easier, better. Nice.

Morale of story...don't get set in your ways...there may be something better out there.

Well, maybe that does have a little something to do with trading...

Something else...I've told the neph many times that Bill Gates is filthy rich because he made it to where the dumbest monkey could operate a computer. The other day I was discussing with computer expert neph the idea of getting a new computer. As we talked he was jokingly berating me about not keeping up with technology...the unc who had taught him how to build computers years ago...just wanted a plain jane, no bells and whistles computer. I just didn't want to have to learn something new.

I told him...sorry boy, I have become a member of the dumbest monkey tribe. :-))

Messages In This Thread

tool for every job...
Re: tool for every job...