Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: turning this jug... *PIC*
In Response To: turning this jug... *PIC* ()

So...I turned the form first and then I go to hollowing it out. I drilled down through the center of the jug to start the hollowing process. About two thirds of the way to the bottom of the jug I could feel the drill bit hit a hole...there was no resistance. As I hollow down to the point where the bit went through easy, sure enough there started a hole in the wood. I slowly hollowed further. More hole appeared. I got a flash light and observed something in the hole.

Finally this was revealed(pic). Keep in mind that until I opened the hole up there was nothing but wood around it...no little hole to the outside or anything. Like a geode. As I opened up the hole of course I was hoping some old coot had stuck a bag full of gold double eagles in the tree hole for safe keeping but of course not. No such luck. More than likely its one of those "alien eggs" and one of those little Alien things is going to get implanted in my lungs. :-))

But...any body have any idea what this might be? I figure it has to be some kind of fungi or something similar.

So my quandary is leave it for a golly gee wiz thing or cut it out and finish the inside of the jug as per usual.

Messages In This Thread

turning this jug... *PIC*
Re: turning this jug... *PIC*
Re: turning this jug...