Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Universal Basic Income
In Response To: Re: Universal Basic Income ()

This concept has been around in the science fiction world for ages. Most writings are sort of bleak to today's Americans.

What is the alternative to mechanizing everything? What do you do with the former workers when there are no more jobs for humans?

Have you noticed how well-spoken the average minimum wage person is these days? They all can communicate and all can do the math. I've wondered why they are not in better careers. Then, I ask myself, where are the ones who are less capable.....which formerly WERE the minimum wage folks? And, we are breeding lots of those.

If there are lots of over-qualified people vying for the minimum wage jobs, then we have a very large long-term problem.

Dear Abby or Ann Landers used to quote a man who said "the workers just don't have the work ethic, lazy, uneducated, etc., etc.....can't find good workers" They later found out he wanted to pay minimum wage to people he wanted to work like slaves. There was none of the advancement potential that he professed. It was quite a fiasco when he was found out. There are millions out there just like him today.

And really, who cares except some disgruntled types who never liked anything in their lives anyway. They are not successful themselves and just can't face the fact that they are as unneeded as the workers they try to hire for little pay.

All of these arguments on both sides are made by fools talking their book, including me.

You can be certain Trump will NOT lower taxes on the whole, he will NOT reduce medical coats, he will NOT cut Social Security (or any other big programs), or honor any of the rest of his big promises. Without that money moving through the system, the schemes are up.....and really weird stuff starts to happen. This son-in-law of his is a real wheeler dealer and needs to go.....a poster child of what is wrong with America.

Look at your markets these days. When was the last time you saw an ad for an analyst position? The houses only want people who can run HFT algos or can come up with good inside info regularly.

Forget the "well, you have to retrain!" meme. By the time you are retrained there are 100,000 "retrained" out on the street before you even get your shoes tied........driving down wages to gov't. assistance levels.

wez in a fix, fer sure.