Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

IL...worse than it looks *LINK*

Government service, when I was a kid, was thought to be a "lesser" job but somewhat noble because people who "served" did so at below private sector pay rates because, it was thought by some, they wanted to serve their country. There was some bit of security involved because it was somewhat difficult to fire the guvment man. Somewhere along the way the guvment job became unionized and things went ape chit crazy. For the federal guvment it was John Kennedy's executive order 10988 giving the federal worker the right to collective bargaining. An executive order Trumpzilla should rescind.

I don't know but suspect that probably cleared the way for states to do the same...maybe it was the other way around but IL is the result.

Good read from ZeroHedge...thanks for linking to that site ICD...I have come to really like it.

"Last August, in a post that attempted to explain why public pensions are really about $8 trillion underfunded, as opposed to the $3-$5 trillion that you frequently see tossed around in the press..."