Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

I don't get out a lot...

Back when we rented a house on this old farm we had a Heinz 57 dog that roamed this entire farm. She ruled this place. She would even ride along with the guy who ran cattle and grew tobacco on this place. Not just ride along with him on the farm but when he would go places he would take the dog with him. Dog was named Miss Kitty. Before the ex-landlords sold this place last year, I patrolled this place and if I found someone on it I would stop and see what they were up to. If it was someone who belonged here but I didn't know them, they would always say something about Miss Kitty. Her name became the "password" for someone who "belonged" here.

Some days we would sit out on the front porch of the old house we rented. It was deep in the center of this place...maybe a quarter a mile off the road. Anyway, we would be sitting on the porch and a rabbit would go by and right behind it, the dog. Rabbit...tic toc...dog. As time passed it became...rabbit...tic toc, tic toc, tic toc...dog. As she aged the time between us seeing the rabbit go by and the time we saw the dog come by chasing the rabbit became longer and longer. As time passed she patrolled less and less area of the farm.

I feel like the dog...I patrol a lot less area of my side of the earth. Used to be...a hundred mile...trip was nothing. Driving to Texas, barely a thought. I could weave my way around Nashville with ease. If you knew two or three ways to the same place, that was helpful, Rush hour was bad but if you knew a way around it was better. Yesterday, I had to drive out to a place about 40 miles away...on the other side of town. You can not drive in this town anymore. Roads that used to have one or two traffic lights now have five or six. Way more traffic than there used to be...it's like rush hour most of the time in certain places. Except, I guess at rush hour, now, it's way worse than it used to be. I try to avoid driving during rush hour.

I decided to drive back...the back way. Found myself on a nicely paved two lane country road. Speed limit set at 55. I was able to cruise in at 65 with very little to no traffic, driving through an are of really nice farm land. What a pleasure to be able to move. Way too many people out here now!

Anyway, I had traveled out there to divest the estate of the woman's brother of his last remaining vehicle. The bro-in-law died without a will. Intestate, they call it. Don't do that to your family! Get a will. Spell out what you want done with your stuff. It will cost your family a lot less in money, time, and grief. It's bad enough that you have died but to make them have to plod through the court system deciding things...wow! Just not the thing to do.

That's all...traffic sucks out here and don't die without a will unless you hate your family. hahaha

Messages In This Thread

I don't get out a lot...
Re: I don't get out a lot...