Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Cecil the Lion's Son Killed... *LINK*

I was raised up under the guidelines of "you eat what you kill". I don't just kill stuff Willy Nilly. I have to have a reason...some may question the reason but if the reason is satisfactory to me then that's good enough for me. I wonder if they eat lion meat. Taste like cat I suppose or maybe the last person they ate.

I never have been a fan of trophy hunting but if it's legal then it's legal and not my place to eschew those who participate. One reason I think it's allowed is for population control, which is a valid concern but to just shot something to hang it on your wall...not my bag of tricks.

What gets me about the story is that we name the lions. Cecil...Cecil's son, Xanda. Then people get all pisssed off that you killed Cecil or his son...like you killed Aunt Joe or Uncle Martha. Seriously? They're lions. They should be numbered. Lion 1, Lion 2, Lion 3 etc and so on, kinda like your nephews.

We had a feral cat problem here once. I wasn't killing Stink Bottom Jane when I shot her...that was number one...the last one was number 13 and I was done. I was smart enough to kill Stink Bottom Jane first cause I knew if I started first with 13 the Woman would be a little squeamish when it came to Stink Bottom cause Stink Bottom was the original pet that all else propagated from.

Anyway...another lion was killed by a mean guy with a gun...too bad.