Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Mike/Forum moderator
In Response To: Re: Mike/Forum moderator ()

Oh yea...I've always been somewhat interested in etymology. There was a chat room somewhere on AOL that I participated in. I can't remember what was being discussed exactly but something about the using N-word vs nig-ger.

well, ya'll know me a little...I'm a natural born chit pot stirrer. So I ask on the forum and I was legitimately curious about this and still am because I've never been able to find an answer...where did the word "niger" come from. Instead of using the N-word, I used the word itself.

ZAP...I was cut off. Wait...there's more. There was a message that said in order to be allowed to use AOL call such and such, so I did. A big discussion followed with the lady acting all indignant that I would actually dare to type that word. I asked her...look...if you run up to a bunch of big black dudes and yell out...nig nig nig or if you run up to them and yell N-word, N-word, N-word...do you think there will be any difference in the outcome of them beating the chit outa you?

Besides being truly interested in the etymology of the word, this was back when the PC police began making it politically incorrect to say certain things...I was making a statement about everybody trying to tell me what I could and could not say in America...land of free speech.

Well, I had to tell her I wouldn't do it anymore cause if I did I would be permanently removed and she would turn me back on. I did, she did. I immediately went to the chat room and re-posted my question... where did the word "niger" come from?

Zap...and that's how I came to be permanently deleted from AOL.

I don't know if I was to try to join AOL today if they would still have me blocked or not but they can kiss my asss and if they were the last one out there...I would do without.