Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Mike/Forum moderator -AOL ban

Yes, a rebel...or too dumb for my own good.

If I see a sign on a button that says...don't push this button...chit, I don't know what it is that makes me just have to push that button. Maybe I don't like being told what to do.

When I bought my first computer a thousand years ago, I was putzing around and came to this word "HardWipe"...I typed it in and this big nasty warning came up that essentially said...death will come to those who continue...do NOT push the "enter" button. Weeellll chit! That just wont do. Push. Whoops. Hahaha

I learned a lot about computers that day and was forever grateful that I pushed that button because the process of reloading the DOS was enlightening and set me steps ahead of most anybody using one at the time. I knew more about computers than most for many years to come after that.

Whatever you do...don't EVER let me get to within arms reach of the nuclear launch button. That would just be waaaay to far past cool to resist.

That's not why I started writing this...I finally found what I find to be an acceptable explanation of where the word nig-ger came from. I tried looking this up five or so years ago and found nothing. Now there's pages on it but my search engine did block it and ask if I really wanted to go there...that looked too much like "don't push this button", so I went there.

"The word originated as a neutral term referring to people with black skin,[1] as a variation of the Spanish and Portuguese noun negro, a descendant of the Latin adjective niger (meaning the color "black")."

That sounds reasonable to me. I wonder if I go back to AOL after 25+ years and tell them I finally found the answer to my question and that I would no longer be a threat to their PC-ism would they let me back on. Be still my beating heart at the prospect of being allowed back on AOL. :-)))