Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

solar eclipse coming soon...

I stated in a previous post that the Woman and I haven't watch the local TV news in 30 years in lieu of picking up local news on the radio. Here recently we have skimmed through the local TV news in hopes of picking up some "news" on the upcoming football season. In doing so we have been reminded of why it is we stopped watching the nonsense 30 some odd years ago.

One of the most obnoxious tactics of the local TV news here is to "bring the news home to Nashville". It doesn't matter where something happens in the world...if it happened 180 degree away from us on the other side of the globe...the locals here would find someone related to someone a calamity happened to. Oh my, they would say, someone stubbed their toe in china...here in Nashville that persons 14th removed cousin on their step fathers side of his grandmothers twin sisters thirteenth husbands uncle...lives her in Nashville. Here's what they have to say...blah, blah, blah...

Well, here comes the total solar eclipse. It's "epicenter" is going to be about 10 miles north of me. Oh my, the coverage is 24-7! Something is actually happening here. There's t-shirts, solar sun glasses, toilet paper, drinks, even eclipse doughnuts...

People are going to be coming from all over...the news is even telling people...don't stop in the middle of the interstate to take pictures...it's constant do this...don't do that like we are all two years old. You know what...if some dumb asss looks into the sun and fries their eye's...well...FU, idiot.

I'm going to hunker down and probably take a nap when it happens...

Messages In This Thread

solar eclipse coming soon...
Re: solar eclipse coming soon...