Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Discovery of a new subculture...

Back in 2011 a pretty little girl was kidnapped. Her name was Holly Bobo. She was 20. Very pretty little thing. They didn't immediately find a body or who took her. They finally stumbled across part of her remains in '14 or '15. Now they are holding a trial for who they think did it.

The Woman's sister told the Woman that the trial was on TV on an alternative channel to on of the main stations in town. The Woman suggested we watch part of it. I found it and put it on. It took about 5 minutes and we were hooked. Damn! When they court goes out for lunch or a 15 minute pee break the TV channel goes to these two guys covering the trial. They talk about what just happened, what is likely to happen next etc.etc.

One of the stranger things I heard them say...Let's go to the phones. Phones? Oh yea, people call in and offer up their opinions. Really?

I have to say it is fairly interesting to see the process of trying a major case. I would never dream of calling in to discuss what I thought because I don't particularly care past, I hope the fry the right person. But people call in. They sit there watching with such intensity that they form an opinion they deem worthy of discussion and call in to voice those opinions.

Apparently these TV personalities, who are or have been lawyers, cover any major trial that allow camera's in the court and they have a pretty large following who regularly call in. A new subculture that watches these things like a hawk...formulate opinions and call in to discuss them. Some, to my surprise, are pretty intellectual. Others, well, put yer teeth in befer you call in to.

Messages In This Thread

Discovery of a new subculture...