Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: coffee DC
In Response To: Re: coffee DC ()

Seed is a good idea. I don't think there's anything wrong with metal either. I think the best advise is to diversify. Some of this, some of that, heavy on the beans and bullets. :-))

I used to watch those prepper shows and what I noticed was people would get fixated on their particular fear and focus in on protecting against that instead of spreading their survival budget around for an "in general" survival approach. Tornado's, earthquakes, fires, hurricanes etc are much more likely to happen than say a devastating solar flare, nuclear attack, etc.

My garden sucked this year. I heard a lot of people in this area fussing about how bad their gardens did. I got some seed for these really huge tomatoes. They were supposed to produce tomatoes in the 4 to 7 pound range. I got one plant in the dirt after starting maybe ten. It grew to be about the size of a regular sized tomato plant when it was supposed to be an 8 foot tall plant. It produced 4 tomatoes barely bigger than a golf ball. Peppers didn't do well. No Carolina reapers. Very few jalapeno. I did get 10 ghost peppers off a plant that never got more than 12 inches tall. It was just horrible.

I did get some decent vine fruit until the fungus or bugs took them out. Planted, for fun, some Butternut squash. That's an interesting tasting squash...taste something between a sweet potato and pumpkin. Grew a pumpkin that's 2 feet through the middle. But that separated from the vine nearly two months ago. Been saving it for a Jack-o-lantern. :-)