Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Anybody drive for Uber? Got a ? 4 U

Hi, ICanDance. Actually, it's not just the trip back to said bar. Rather, it is all miles driven, in the course of the 1099 driving. For example, I know a retired airline pilot (top seat) whose pension is six figures. He kept trading and doing relatively well ... until the good ol' let your losses run and cut your profits finally reared its ugly head, in a fashion that was uncomfortable.

Again, making a very short story long .... He would only do daytime driving, where the rates are lower than nights. He didn't drive uber, but for lyft.

He would turn on the app, around 6:30 or 7:00 a.m. His day, drive wise, was fully devoted to lyft. Many the day he would log three hundred miles, or so. Frequently, he only netted around one hundred dollars. He asked me if he would have to pay tax ... file on his 1099 earnings.

I told him that he would be nuts .... on an average day he had a taxable loss of fifty (plus) dollars.

He was driving, solely, to stay away from a screen ... but ... he decided it was better to play golf

Just like the pedlar, driving for appointments and canvassing. A business mile is a business mile.