Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: on Dogs, Dog bones, and Helliary

No have never had a critter problem. Bugs and something in the dirt have played hell with my vine plants, though. If I had have had problems with critters they surely would have starved to death this year. The garden sucked...saauuucked. It was so bad this year that the persimmon tree in the front yard didn't make any persimmons. That's a first since I moved here 10 or 11 years ago that the tree didn't make persimmons.

My sister puts out some tomatoes at her place but she says she does it just to feed the deer...they tear her place up. They don't bother mine. No squirrel problems or rabbit or anything else. For as many critters as we have around here it's pretty amazing that we don't. It could be the dog helps keep them away. It could be the critters don't like seven(sp) dust anymore than the bugs do!?!

The deer can be so bad around here that the TWRA(TN wildlife resources agency...the hunting and fishing govt peeps) will issue a permit to kill deer out of your garden. It may be that you have to have a certain sized garden in order to qualify but we can do that. I don't know if that applies to any other game or not but generally, we don't ask. At least I don't. Critter needs killin...critter gets killed.

I used to have one of those automated corn feeders in the back yard. I was standing on the front porch one day when a TWRA peep drove by, saw the feeder and slowed way down...looked at the feeder...looked back at me eyeballing him and he just went on. Turns out you're not supposed to have one of those things up during hunting season...baiting and all that. I was thinking...pull on here agent man...I'll let you splain to the Woman how it is she can't feed her deer and lookin chickens(turkey)....I'll just get me some popcorn and a coke and watch the show! :-))

Messages In This Thread

on Dogs, Dog bones, and Helliary *LINK*