Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Everybody is talking about their stocks

A friend says his auto parts stock is up 7X in 8 years. Another says he eats at McDonalds every day for free since he gets dividends from the stock. It is bad manners to talk money and these folks know it but are doing it. I told them both it is bad mojo to talk about it and a cloud of confusion crossed their faces. Even if I can pick the top, neither of them would listen, so why waste the breath when the time comes.

In the 20s, very few were trading the markets. Most people had already been hit with the slowdown. By 1929, only the well-to-do had extra walking around money to play the game.

See any similarities to today?

The only quest is to get an eyeball on the top to come. Sooner? Later? Probably, but no guarantee, it will blow-off upside before any real concern.

Also, one of my daughters, who has been an AAPL user forever, says her next computer will be a PC because of the price difference. Have not decided if I can monetize that thought or not.