Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: I don't trust airplanes but...

The engine was running but the throttle was shut all the way down to an idle. I got the distinct impression the prop was being windmilled by the airspeed.

I was about all the way down when the stall buzzer went off. Almost simultaneously the wheels hit and I slammed the stick all the way forward woosh. All wheels down. Instructor said...perfect landing. I'm thinking...damn, I'm glad my wheels were only inches from the runway cause when I heard that stall buzzer(I think I was once again to nose high and couldn't see chit) because my reaction was to shove the nose down in an attempt to turn the buzzer off...had we been 10 feet off the ground, I might have messed his plane up. hahaha

This instructor stuck us in the plane and had me do everything...he never touched anything. I'm in panic mode as I was expecting him to take us up and down and just let me fly it around in safe air. Got to thinking afterwards...that guy either has a death wish or he has supreme confidence in his abilities to bring us out of danger caused by stupid rookie. That was another reason why I only did it once...I was somewhat overwhelmed with the experience.

I knew an older fella who flew a lot between Knoxville and Murfreesboro, TN. He was the president of one of our local universities flying back and forth to meetings etc. One time...the last time...he was coming back from Knoxville and ran into some weather...wings iced up and down he went. Landed that thing in the tree tops. Had to climb out of the trees he said were 50-60 foot tall, walk his way out of bumfrick egypt, TN. That was it for him.

Hell, I'll ride with you if you can get them to let you take us up. If you had another heart attack, I bet I could wreck the plane at least as good as you could. :-))