Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Good read
In Response To: Good read *LINK* ()

Wayne, there is a very important distinction between this "If I purchase a car, I am voluntarily taking on certain civic responsibilities that require the purchase of insurance. I have no problem with that."

Even if one were to find some correlation, there are two distinct differences. Both are significant, however, the second difference is incredible.

1) You own a vehicle, most states require that you carry a minimum level of liability insurance. There is not ONE (special emphasis added) state that makes collision and comprehensive mandatory. Therefore,, the state mandated insurance (a minimal amount of liability) only insures other's vehicles to which you damage, at fault. Any required collision or comprehensive is a lender's requirement, to protect their investment. You buy the vehicle, using your own funds, you only have to protect others, no yourself.

2) Property and Casualty Insurance is underwritten, as health insurance USED to be. If the ACA's standards were moved to P&C, it would run like this .... You have never had an at-fault accident. You have had no moving violations for the past thirty years. However, your neighbor has had twelve DUIs, thirty-six moving violations, within the past five years, and sixty-four "at-fault" accidents. You would both pay the same premium. GREAT for your neighbor ... TERRIBLE for you.

Messages In This Thread

Good read *LINK*
Re: Good read
Re: Good read /WP