Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

"Feels like" temperature.... *LINK*

I can't stand when the local news, or any news for that matter, comes on and they go to the weather portion...up comes the temperatures. Here's a map of the "feels like" temps. Really? Feels like??

Here's what 90 degrees and 80% humidity feels like to me...it feels like chit! Chit...just plain old chit!

When it's 6 degrees with a 10 mph wind, like this morning. It feels like chit, only a colder version! It feels like cold chit, to me!

They do the "feels like" in order to exaggerate, in our minds, weather extremes.

I don't need you to tell me what it feels like. All I have to do to know what it feels like is to go outside stand there for a few seconds and I can deduce from actual experience what it feels like. From years of experience I know that about 20% of the time the temp will be, what I consider to be, perfect. The other 80% of the time it's going to feel like some variation of chit! If you'll just tell me what the actual temp, humidity level, wind speed and direction is going to be for the next five days...I'll have a pretty good idea of which variation of chit it's going to be. That can be in a range of...not bad chit to really nasty chit.

Here is an article about how NASA messes with temps in order to show a pre-determined, what will get us more money from the godvernment, global warming outcome. The weather, when it comes to the temperatures, is an exact science...to the degree we can measure the actual temperature...which ought to be, at this time in history, pretty damned accurate.

Don't change it to say what you want it to say...NASA. Don't tell me what it "feels like" because you don't know what it feels like to me. I want to be like Joe Friday...just the facts MOFO. Just the facts.

Happy fricken New Years!