Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: The deciding issue for the 2018 elections is:

"There is finite wealth in the world at any given time. For you to have much and desire more, another will have less."

Oh my...may I wholeheartedly disagree? There sits an unused piece of ground. Value X. Someone decides there has to be a commodity buried beneath the surface...could be gold...could be oil...could be whatever. Person decides to mine whatever. Leases land. Wealth above the unused land value X is created in lease fees. Miner had to buy bulldozers to mine the property. Those bulldozers would not have been necessary before requiring all the systems in place to manufacture bulldozers to increase...all steps within the bulldozer manufacturing from mining iron ore to hiring more machinist to buying more yellow paint so that CAT can continue it's meteoric rise aptly noted by DC who benefits from the creation of more bulldozers because he lent CAT money in the purchase of shares of CAT before miner man created more demand for CAT's. Person finds gold or other commodity. Value of unused land increases from X to Y taking with it all value of land in the vicinity. Wealth is created.

Miner decides he wants to buy a new house. More wealth is created in the house building industry. White Privilege buys his old house...remodels it...taking its value from X to Y and employing many re-modelers...more people required to build toilets and sinks and tile due to an ever increasing need for housing in the area because some miners started digging gold or drilling for oil. Miner man becomes too busy or lazy to mow his own yard...needs a baby sitter/daycare...office staff...cleaning lady.

Production of anything or creation of a service need ripples throughout the economy in countless many ways expanding the wealth base infinitely.

Not one soul had to do with less in order for the wealth creation that took place...there is just...more wealth. Does everyone benefit from the new wealth created? No. Those who refuse to, or can not participate in the process due to whatever reason, remain static in their personal wealth. That, in no way, is the fault of the wealth producer. They did not take from the static pie...they created a bigger wealth pie and ate from that.