Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Hawking
In Response To: Re: Hawking ()

Yes, I can allow for that. 😊

My old man was in ill health all of my "aware" life. Death of my father was always on my mind. As a result, I feared and worried about death more than the average kid.

One time when I was 15, more or less, my sister brought some leftover food home from the restaurant where she was a waitress...of course I availed myself of the opportunity to hog out on some good food. Well, it was bad and before I knew it I was blowing stuff out both ends every 15 minutes...did that for three or four hours.

At some point, at what turned out to be the ending of the ordeal, I stumbled back to the bed...sat down on the foot of the bed and fell back onto the bed. I don't remember hitting the bed but all the misery left me and towards the top of my head was a light and I began to become engulfed in a feeling of goodness from the light. I said to myself...good, I've died. I started moving toward the light at a exponential speed. There was time involved with my moving and increasing speed but the time was not incremental as we know it and neither was the acceleration. I was just going toward the light...faster and faster.

I didn't interpret there being a tunnel as some describe but there were entities around me as I was headin. The light and entities emitted a feeling of such goodness that to this day I have never been able to adequately describe it. The light asked me...are you sure this is what you want? I thought about how bad it would make my parents feel if I died and said to the light...no. As intensely good as the light was...I said no. I didn't want my parents to suffer because of my death...no matter how bad being sick was. The light made no judgment...it was just OK with it.

I stopped my forward motion instantly and was thrown back into my misery in an immeasurably small split second of time. BAM.

More spewing and blowing ensued but I was OK with it.

This is what I experienced. Some will say I just passed out. Some will say it was a near death experience. Everyone can make of it what they will, I don't care.

I never worried about dying after that. I'll fight to the last drop to avoid it because God put that instinct in us...but when it does happen...I think I'll know what to expect.

True story.