Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: In support of Londoners... *PIC*
In Response To: Re: In support of Londoners... ()

I searched high and low for a shoulder rig but for a guy who goes around a lot of the time in a T-shirt, they all looked to bulky. Not very concealable unless you wore a suit jacket or sport coat. So I compiled a look I wanted...watched vids on how to build holster...went down to the local Tandy leather store...bought some leather and accouterments and had at it.

After a couple of tries I finally got a pretty small holster that pretty gun hugging and not much bigger than the stainless Colt Combat Commander I carry. I'm old school. I made the strap that holds the gun in the holster so that I could carry it cocked and locked...cause why carry if you aint ready to rock? Most, looked like the strap was made to carry hammer down...which is bogus on a 1911. Being as the pistol was rather heavy I had to put something on the other side so I made a double mag carrier to counter balance the weight of the pistol.

Did a little tooling on the straps and the mag carrier...got re-hooked on leather working...spent three or four times what I could have bought a shoulder rig for on leather working paraphernalia. HA!

But...I've made five holsters so far...two paddle holsters for the .38 S&W airwieghts and a tooled up holster for my Ruger .44mag single action...a couple more paddle styles for the sisters.

Here's one of the .38 holsters...this one slips inside the pants...the loops go on the outside and the belt runs through the loops. Not bad for a couple dollars of leather and some screws but you can tell it wasn't mass produced...I'll get better.

Couldn't find the shoulder rig pics...will keep looking.