Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Amazon and China...

I like Amazon because it acts as a portal to the world of everything for sale...well..maybe not everything but a lot of things.

So, I order something a while back from Amazon. I was shocked when I saw the delivery date...it was like...weeks out. Investigation revealed, of all things, the thing I bought, which cost 10 dollars, was shipping from China!

Yesterday, I was out looking for some 240 grit wet dry sandpaper. Found some 320 but no 240 anywhere I stopped. Amazon to the rescue...found more 240 grit than a person could use in a lifetime...and it was all for sale. ha!

Get the "your order has shipped" thing in the email. Good...whuuut...arrival time October 10th through the 30th. Happened again...coming from China. Great.

I wonder how you can tell if an item is coming from China? The only thing I found is to look for the estimated time of arrival...maybe.

As best I can tell...you can't cancel an order after you get an "it's been shipped" notice and they put that notice out almost immediately after you click the buy button...stopping you from cancelling the order.

They ought to make it easier to tell if the item is coming from China.