Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

big flop trade deal

They'll pitch it as a win...this new trade deal...but from all indications it can't help but drive the price of vehicles up, up, and away. Combine that with what ICD has been talking about with the tariffs and we're getting screwed. Don't know what Trump is thinking on this one but I aint a fan. Wow.

I drive a 2005 Dodge Ram with a Hemi engine. It's been and still is a great truck. I Paid 28K for it back in '05. It's loaded with goodies of the day but by today's standards with no back up camera's, navigation, etc it resembles a a striped down version.

I always buy trucks. I like having the cargo carrying capacity and use it regularly to haul this and that. I like the towing capacity as I tow trailer and boat on occasion. The main reasons I like trucks...they are rear wheel drive and are made of bigger parts. Bigger parts don't take as much of a beating from rough roads. Back in college I drop cars with small tires...whatever they used to be 14 inch?? and you could fall in a pot hole and just rattle the chit outa the car. With 20 inch truck tires the same pothole just gets rolled over. Plus, in a wreck mass usually comes out on top. I consider them to be safer for that reason, as well.

It would take in the range of 50 to 60 thousand to replace this truck with one today. Now I hear this renegotiated trade deal with mex and canada is going to cause the price of vehicles to go up...who knows...to replace after that...70-80K, more? Hell, if you look around you can still find a rebuild-able small house for the price of a new truck!