Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Sears Hires Advisers to Prepare Bankruptcy Fil

Yep...radial arm saw...haven't see one in a long time myself but we used to have one...from Sears. I believe I spent more time tuning it to cut square than I actually spent cutting with it. HA! Poor old thing...it really did a lot of work for us.

Also had a lot of their camping gear including the white gas stove that we had for a long, long time...right up until I filled one of the "eye's" with molten lead while casting lead bullets for the .44mag. Had to get another one that I still have and use from time to time.

I don't remember the hunting and fishing gear so much as we were always "pre-me" gunned up to a degree that was considered more than ample for the times. We didn't shoot paper back then...a box of shot shells would last years and .22's would last four or five rounds to the year...depending on how many rabbits we were able to kill on the yearly rabbit hunt trip. So, we didn't shop guns and fishing too much from the Sears.

Wasn't until I got to be in my late teens that I started my own arsenal. At that time I considered my style to be more advanced than the stuff at the Sears store.

Doc...I don't remember going to a Montgomery Wards...that may have been a tad before my time. I heard of them, of course, and even have an old MW shotgun in the safe.