Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

White Privilege...me and the radial arm saw... *PIC*

We moved in this house that we partially built from the ground up back in '73. In '90 mom sold the place a couple of years after dad died. Along about 2015 one of the sisters and I were burning time off the clock before we were supposed to be were we were supposed to be. We decided to go by the old house, as we called it. When we drove by we saw the elderly lady who bought it out in the front yard piddling with something. We stopped to talk to her. She invited us in to look around.

It was like going into a time capsule. Everything was the same with the exception of flooring and paint colors.

We make our way around jaws agape at the sameness of everything. Transported back to High School when we lived there. Made our way to the kitchen only to find the kitchen cabinets dad and I built back in '75. Built them using...you guess it...the radial arm saw dad picked up at the Toy Store! The stove, cook top, cast iron sink...all the same as when I put them in! The dishwasher and vent hood changed and the floor.

These days I can lay waste to that poor example of a set of cabinets but hey...we did them...and all we had was the radial arm saw. We turned that radial arm saw to the horizontal and put the mighty shaper head on and went to creating all those center pieces, the rails and styles and door faces in an effort to replicate a 5 piece raise panel door. Bass wood if I remember correctly. It took DAAAYYYYSSSS.

But there they were still 40 years later in all their grandeur. hahaha