Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Robot military
In Response To: Re: Robot military ()

I purchased the .300 Win Mag and the .300 Remington Ultra Mag new. The Weatherby Mark V, in .300 Weatherby .... I was at Fin, Feather, Fur ... not that long ago. I didn't even know that they had a used gun section. I was looking at some optics ... and I noticed someone was looking at a Mark V. From where I was standing, it appeared to be in excellent condition. So, I sauntered over in that direction. I noticed as this man was looking at it ... it had a $425.00 price tag. He was hummin' and hawin' ... Asking the clerk if the .300 Weatherby would "knock down an elk ..." He looked over at me and asked ... I told him that it would take down ANYTHING in North America .... he handed the rifle back to the clerk.

I told the clerk, EXTREMELY knowledgeable young man, if he won't take it ... I WILL. I looked at the serial number ... it was so old that it didn't have any letter preceding the numbers. So, it could be one of the first American made Mark Vs or the very early German mades. Unfortunately, from a collectors standpoint, it wasn't one of the American made. However, it was from the second year of German production ... a very desirable acquisition for Weatherby collectors.

To top it all off, on it .. in almost new condition, was one of the Weatheby "Imperial" 2x7 scopes, which alone go for around five hundy. No bangs on the wood, just some wear ... and the blue was .... straight from the factory, with only the muzzle showing wear (you don't blast those rounds without taking the bluing).

Books well over 3. It should readily bring 25 hundy, two large at the very least.

Of course, in no way, shape, or form is it for sale.

Four and a quarter .. before sales tax. I was shocked.

I asked the clerk, "WHY"? He told me, no one wants to rip their shoulder off ... and no one knows anything about Weatherby.

This one, I didn't even have to sneak into the house. I showed it to my wife and she asked if they had any more.

SCORE!