Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Here's a thought amidst the shutdown...

HA! I feel sorry for you.

The last major project I did was to build my sister a 24 by 40 "out House" I call it. It's a pool/play/hobby/what the hell ever building. Two stories...well...top floor is a 6 foot nee wall situation with vaulted ceilings. Metal top and side...2x4 stick frame...I joist...prefab trusses for the roof.

Took me and two other guys two weeks to dry it in. I did the electrical and the plumbing. Called in a Mexican drywall crew. They got it up pretty fast...when the mud ducks moved in...not so much. For what the building is, I let it go but it never would have passed mustard with me had it been a house.

I've been in the building biz off and on for 50 years. We only built 5 houses. A summer time gig for Dad and I. I went into full blown house remodeling/repair 20 years ago or so and ran that for 10 years.

So, I know exactly what you mean by the decline in quality of work. I was remodeling a house and the lady had some other cabinet company do the cabinets. Granite boy rolls in to measure...takes a few measurements and says...good...only out by 1/2 inch in 32. I almost fell on the floor. If my cabinets were out by an 1/8 in 32 inches, I would be pissssed!