Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

? for WP

You might be best to possibly know these facts:

If Social Security tops at $27k/yr. normally, and we know that the "garnishment" of pay check up to $125k (+ or - on these), one can figure the return on the annuity purchased with those funds.

now...

how do the Federal, State and Local pension payments out while working compare to the payments that come in upon retirement?

What I am getting at is: are the taxpayers supporting lavish pensions in the .gov sector and also receiving less on their own contributions in the private sector. I realize that some .gov uses last best 5 years to fix their "base" while SS actually treats higher late working life payments at less than early (lesser) payments for paying out

I have not seen anyone talking about this.

Also, what is this $750 minimum payout level for SS? Does that mean somebody who works all of his life at minimum wage and gets maybe $1000 month gets only $250 more a month than a marginal worker who was unemployed alot?

Thanks if you have time and inclination.

Messages In This Thread

? for WP
Re: ? for WP