Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Busted laptop...

10-15 years ago I got into building desktop computers in a successful effort to help one of the nephs learn about the things. I learned, too.

It was interesting and fun.

Then the laptops came out and I switched to them. When I get a new one The Woman gets my hand-me-downs. Her screen just went out. I thought I would take it apart to see if, maybe, the ribbon that hooks to the video card might have some loose. Of course, no such luck that it would have been that simple.

The Neph sends me the deconstruction planes. On first look it looked like a horror show but as I got into it...pretty simple. You can take one of these things apart with little else than a phillips and slot screw driver(or in my case a knife blade)...after that it's a snap together affair.

Fear not the laptop. 😎