Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: S&P
In Response To: Re: S&P ()

"The stuff that they were selling, in their roadshow" ...Did they used to travel around selling the course? I think when I ran across them they seemed to be settle on a farm out in the north west somewhere. Never knew they had a "roadshow".

I did some K&E charting but was glad to get to using the computers. I remember getting a satellite for real time data and 10 minute delay. I don't think I got real time right off the bat thinking 10 minute delay was good enough. For trading the longer term that was really more than you needed.

I bought a computer when they first came out...something called an Amstrad. It had a selector switch on it that allowed you to pick a speed...4, 8, or 12 MgH.

Paid 2.5K in 1990 dollars for that thing!! Now you can get one that the old Amstrad wouldn't start today for 750.

The best advancement in trading, in my opinion, was when they got it to where we could short circuit the broker.